Live your Experience… Come to KERALA as a Volunteer
Volunteering in India´s Tropical Oasis
To the south of India and bathed by an Indian ocean of crystalline waters we find the state of Kerala. The land of water, tropical coconut palms and infinite tea plantations. A natural oasis inhabited by a millenary and welcoming culture. That’s Kerala. Here Christianity, Hinduism and Islam coexist in a surprising and gracious harmony.
Based in Kochi, you will work hand in hand with local NGOs in one of the selected programs that really help the community. Click in each one to see costs and details:
A day of a Volunteer
The volunteers who will live with you come from all over the world and are very different people. But the fact of sharing this profound experience, prints the house of volunteers with a warm atmosphere of companionship and friendship that is perceived as soon as you land. It is something close, something special.
Thus, among friends, your day begins with a breakfast in the dining room before leaving for your project, where they will receive you with open arms since the volunteers are highly valued and respected in India. You will work approx. from 9 to 12.30 or 13:00. A lunch, some free time, and again to work, which is nothing but a hugely rewarding time where your help will report more to you than to them.
In the afternoons, already back at the volunteer house, you will have free time to visit the city or carry out the cultural immersion activities of the program. And on weekends … free to rest, or to travel!
The new Volunteer House is located in Fort Kochi, ideally located for project participants as it is a very quiet tourist area and full of shops, restaurants, hospital, transportation, etc.. It has rooms for 2 to 4 people with refrigerator and bathroom, lounges and common dining room, TV, free wifi, washing machine with clothesline, refrigerators, bookshop, kitchen … and a magnificent terrace with views ideal for meetings between friends. And always under the supervision and attention of the coordinator. Everything to make you feel at ease.
And as far as the food is concerned, typical Kerala dishes are prepared, which do, they sting a little, but for sure you will love them. Rice, legumes, tortillas, vegetables, chicken… 3 meals are included every day (except Sunday dinner).
Thus is the travel we propose you…
are you really going to leave it for later??
Package “INDIA COLORS”
VOLUNTEER & TRAVEL
Backwaters, freshwater backwaters linked to the sea by a thousand rivers and canals, is known as the “Venice of the East”. Alleppey is a true paradise adorned with perfect scenery, sparkling rivers, lush vegetation, and beautiful freshwater lakes. Cruise with overnight aboard a traditional house boat, transportation and all meals.
Munnar, located at 1600 m. above sea level, is one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in Kerala. Tea plantations and other spices as far as the eye can see, crystalline waterfalls and a rich variety of flora and fauna. Excursion of 3 days and 2 nights. Includes hotel, guide and transportation. Optional Camping and trekking tea plantations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM
Our Organized Programs include everything (or almost everything), in addition to supervision and assistance at the destination 24 hours, so that you only worry about having a good time and living your experience.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Personalized pick up at Kochi International Airport and transfer to accommodation.
- Guidance and training on India, local customs and the project in which you will collaborate.
- Accommodation in Volunteer House. Three meals per day / seven days per week (except sunday dinner)
- Cultural Immersion Activities: yoga session, Kathakali traditional dance show, vegetarian cooking demonstration…
- Daily transportation from the accommodation to the project (round trip).
- Assistance in India, permanent 24 hours a day, every day. Administrative costs.
- Transfer to Kochi airport at the end of your volunteering.
- € 200 Certified Contribution to the CiENViDAS project.
- International Volunteer Certificate of the CiENViDAS Foundation.
THE PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Air ticket.
- Indian visa (easily processed online).
- Travel and medical insurance. (*)
* TRAVEL INSURANCE: It is required a travel and health insurance for your peace of mind. You can have yours, or if you prefer, we can offer you our special insurance for volunteers, with cancellation coverage, for an amount of € 80 (2 weeks).
For our work we only ask for a donation to our own CiENViDAS Jaipur project. And we will send you the corresponding Donation Certificate, which you can use to deduct in your tax declaration.
Receive more Info!